Alas, I have no pictures. My beautiful bone china tea cups have been gone a long time. They were lovely. Most were blue and white, some were rose, and one of them was yellow. They came from Germany (my mother's best friend was from Germany and had give me my first tea cup and saucer), Canada, Wales (my mother's best friend's husband was from Wales), Ohio and Tennessee.
I have a lovely porcelain tea pot. It is shaped like a little log cabin and is a warm honey-brown with a snow-covered pine tree in front and the cabin has a lovely red door. I don't have a digital camera, my computer is old, and I am bad about taking film in to get developed. Sigh.
I drink my tea these days out of a mug with a handsome Black Labrador Retriever on it. A gift from one of my nephews one Christmas. I like orange pekoe, raspberry, cinnamon.... ummm can't you just smell those teas? It is a comfort to sit with a mug of tea and bird watch out the window or just sit and watch my girls (the cats) snooze in a patch of sunshine.
Thanks for stopping by and having a "spot" of tea with me!
What this thing is still active?
16 years ago


















8 comments:
Sandy your tea pot sounds awesome. I feel sad about your tea cups though. I can just smell your tea. I like to sit on a chair and look out of the window when I have my tea too.
HEY! What about Earl Grey? A spot of ED with honey and cream hits the spot.
Sorry to hear about the teacups. About 15 years ago SWMBO and I ran across a box of bone china at a junk shop that was shutting down. IIRC there was well over 125 pieces.
We decided to buy it and split it into two gifts for my mother. One was a Christmas set that consisted of all the dining place settings and serving dishes.
The second part was a tea set complete with two different styles of plates and some service wear.
We knew it was old, but it turned out to be Spode from the early 19th century.
Hi Sandy,
Have you tried "Replacements Ltd.". They have all sort of china that has been discontinued and hard to find patterns (like my grandmothers) You might just find your teacups. Andi
Andi beat me to it--I was going to say the same thing. You might try ebay also. I love my hot tea. I have to limit my caffeine intake, so I've been drinking cranberry tea and chamomile tea with lime and honey. For my birthday, my mom got me a little tea chest with 60 bags of several different kinds of tea. I drink mine out of a free mug I got in the mail from the Humane Society. Not elegant, but it works. =)
Andi & Jayne -- My teacups have been gone a very long time - I was very young when I started out with my first teacup and saucer (13) and collected them until I was about 22. I didn't have a "set", they were just a cup and matching saucer bought or given here and there. They've been gone so long all I remember about them are the feel of the china and the colors (mostly roses), so I don't think Replacements Ltd. would help me. But I greatly appreciate the tip because my daughter and my daughter-in-law have heirloom china from others in the family and I couldn't remember what the name of the place was that you could buy pieces from if any of their set broke!
Larry - I like Earl Grey, too! Just couldn't name all the ones I like because it would probably take forever! LOL
Ilove some nice green sencha or a jasmine green tea .. I prefer it in my little japanese tea cup because I can hold it between my palms and it warms my hands as well as my insides .. having tea with you is so soothing..
I can picture your lovely tea-pot! Enjoy the comfort of your tea!
Your teapot sounds like a very beautiful thing. I'm sorry about your teacups, although it sounds like the black Lab mug is very nice as well.
Post a Comment