I like to think of "passing it on" is like the ripples of a small rock thrown into a pond. The rings of kindness just keep spreading out until they reach the shore of the pond.
I nominated some lovely people for an "E" blog award the other day. I enjoy their blogs, they are super people, and I feel like I have known them forever. I didn't expect anything in return. I just wanted them to know that I think they do an excellent job. I am so flattered and honored that quite a few of them awarded it right back to me. I can't begin to tell you how much that means to me.
Like me, those that I nominated had a hard time picking just 10. It is very hard. There are so many great bloggers out there. Whether they be home restorers, story tellers, family sharers... they bring you away from your corner of the world into theirs for a short time. You can leave a comment to let them know that you enjoyed their post, or sometimes be in a position to offer a bit of home improvement advice because you are looking at it from a distance rather than right up close to the project. There are one or two that I read that I can't remember how I found, but they like only a small readership. I didn't nominate those out of respect for that.
There is also one I didn't nominate for the award, but he is very deserving. He is in NY and works very hard for the little Brooklyn Parrots. I'm not sure he reads others' blogs, so I didn't nominate. His spot is here, if you would care to check him out: http://www.brooklynparrots.com/
I'm not sure if I'm making much sense, but I wanted everyone that reads my little spot and all of those that I read every day to know how much they mean to me regardless of an award. You are ALL excellent!
What this thing is still active?
16 years ago


















1 comment:
I wish I could express myself as well as you can. What you said made me feel good and smile!
Post a Comment