Just out of curiosity, I looked to see when I started this blog. December 28, 2007! It says I have 385 posts. Wow! That's a whole lot of posts!!
I remember when I first started out. I was so afraid I wouldn't be able to do this. I thought to myself, "What will I ever say?" Well, obviously I've had quite a bit to say! LOL!!
For the most part, I put jokes or stories up, or I put up a favorite I Can Has Cheezeburger photo. Sometimes I have something to say. But for the most part, I enjoy making people laugh. I also like to make people think. I read each and every comment. I find that very important. If you care enough to stop by and leave a comment, I read it and then respond to let you know that I'm very glad you stopped by. I even have some followers! I think that is SO cool!
In this "almost" year I have made many, many wonderful friends. I have grown quite fond of all of you. There's, just to name a few, Carol, Jayne, Jan, Jenni, Daryl E, River Poet, Larry & SWMBO, St. Blogwen, Josh, Gregg, Anita, Sandi, Nathan (who I owe my start to), Steve (Brooklyn Parrots), Nikki, Jamie, Deanne, Karin and many more. I am honored that even my family reads my blog!
I started out by reading one house blog... I found it through The New York Times. That blog is gone (they finished building their "vacation" home) and it mushroomed from there. I found so many wonderful blogs through houseblogs.net -- and I found others through curiosity in the comments left on those house blogs (they are my true passion). I have so many favorites that it sometimes takes me 3 days to read them all! I try to leave a comment when I stop by, but sometimes I don't because so many others have already said what I would have said.
I have learned a ton of cool things about restoring and renovating a home. I've learned how to put all those cool gadgets on my blog from seeing something that I really liked on someone's blog and followed the link to put it on mine. At first, I had to ask how to do things, but I eventually gained the confidence to figure out how to do a lot of it on my own. Most of the time it works, but every now and again I just can't get it to work.
So, I think I just wanted to let all of you know how wonderful you are and how much I admire you. Each one of the blogs has enriched my life.
And, Diana, I am honored that you always manage to read my spot every day.
What this thing is still active?
16 years ago


















5 comments:
Aw, Sandi, your blog is a blessing, too. I love getting my daily laugh here, and I'm so glad to have found you - Peace - D
I'm so glad to have "met" you through your blog, too! Your blog always makes me smile.
What a nice thankyou to all your bloggy friends! I about fell off my chair when I read you had done 385 posts!! That is unreal! I only started this about 3 months ago...and I am already totally hooked. I can't believe how many amazing people there are in blogland...and how much we can learn from each other. It is a total surprise...but a great one! Thanks for inviting us into your home...and stopping by to visit me too!
Your blog is like a little holiday. And I always look forward to the comments you leave on mine! Happy anniversary!
Belated good wishes for your blog anniversary. You always add a bright spot to my day when I read your blog. The month long snow chronicle was priceless.
Post a Comment