Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Computer Swallowed Grandma



The computer swallowed grandma.
Yes, honestly its true!
She pressed 'control' and 'enter'
And disappeared from view.

It devoured her completely,
The thought just makes me squirm.
She must have caught a virus
Or been eaten by a worm.

I've searched through the recycle bin
And files of every kind;
I've even used the Internet,
But nothing did I find.

In desperation, I asked Jeeves
My searches to refine.
The reply from him was negative,
Not a thing was found 'online.'

So, if inside your 'Inbox,'
My Grandma you should see,
Please 'Copy,''Scan' and 'Paste' her
And send her back to me.

This is a tribute to all the Grandmas who have been fearless and learned to use the Computer. They are the greatest!!!

We do not stop playing because we grow old;
We grow old because we stop playing.

NEVER Be The First To Get Old!
(from my friend Carol)

4 comments:

Jen said...

funny, i liked the "ask jeeves" part.

HennHouse said...

I love it-- reminds me of my mom who fearlessly emails and even tries to comment on her kids' blogs!

Smalltown RN said...

Hey Sandy.....thanks for dropping by my blog....I just love that poem..it's just perfect....you were asking me about awards....well I wish I could say I made them...I haven't...I have attempted...but they can be pretty tricky....all the awards that are on my blog are ones that people have given me....once I have recieved one I mention who I got it from and pass it forward...I then just put it on my sidebar....some people are so creative with the awards. You can make up your own on whatever wordprocessor you use....you download our image and then add your own graphics...once you have made your badge you save it to your computer...then go to your blog sight and upload it there...and then pass it on to whomever you would like to recieve a special award....if there is one on my sight that you would like to use...you may...all you have to do is right click on the picture "save picture as" that saves it to your computer. Once you have done that you then upload it to your blog...does that make sense? If you need more help you can email me....I will help however I can....cheers...

Rhondi said...

I am a computer grandma so I loved the poem. Also I just figured out why your music is all josh groban..duh! I've never heard of the Josh Groban Tribute Band so I'll have to check it out. Rhondi