I start watching the snowball bush outside my window in early December. Know what I'm looking for? Buds. Yep. Buds. I look for the slightest hint of a bud on the snowball bush and the maple tree and oak tree. That kind of starts it. Then you most oftentimes get a January thaw.
When we get that, I'm done. Spring fever sets in.
I know. I know. It just turned winter. But I can't help it. I love spring, summer and fall. Winter, not so much.
What can I say? Can robins be far behind?
What this thing is still active?
16 years ago


















2 comments:
How funny. It makes me nervous to see buds in January. I'm afraid they'll freeze and die and I won't have any flowers in the spring!
(Somehow, though, it always seems to work out. Good thing I'm not in charge!)
Hey Sandy Pandy:
Winter Blues sneaking up on ya? Me too, already I'm watching the ducks and geese at the pond who didn't fly South.
Wondering when will they start nesting. . . Hey whatever . . . Me, I'm still hummming Christmas Carols!
Post a Comment