Okay. I confess. I'm a pack rat -- big time! I have this little bitty house (900 sq. ft.) with no basement, no crawl space, no attic to speak of and NO garage. Sigh.
I've been here for 35 years and I have, in the last few years, become unable to throw anything away. What is up with that?!
I know I should chuck it or give it away, but I just can't.
Books -- I love books.... I save them. I'm pretty good at giving away the paperbacks, but I won't give away a hard cover. I keep stuff that I think I will use someday. (Of course, there have been times when being a pack rat has come in handy. The whole family appreciates me then!)
Working full time at my age makes me tired. I come home, look at the mail, save the important stuff and throw the junk (things I don't want in the trash) in a box to be shredded later..... a Copy Paper box..... it is full and the girls love to bat things out of it and play in it. All I want to do when I come in the door is feed the girls, get into my jammies, have a bite to eat and watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy.
Sad, isn't it?
Hubby will say, "Do you want to go....?" and before he can finish the sentence I say, "Uh, jammies!" When I get home from work, I DON'T want to go anywhere!!!! If it can't be done on the way home from work, it ain't happening!
Maybe there is hope for me....
What this thing is still active?
16 years ago


















No comments:
Post a Comment