I get a newsletter from the South Beach Diet people and I thought this sounds SO good that I thought I would share.
Daily Dish
A Delicious Cheese-Stuffed Burger
Kick off summer with this irresistible, cheese-stuffed burger. Bursting with melted cheese and savory pesto, serve this luscious and lean burger at your next family cookout or neighborhood block party.
Stuffed Pork Burger (Phase 1)
Description
These juicy, pesto-flavored burgers come with a delicious melted mozzarella surprise inside! Top them with lettuce and a slice of fresh juicy tomato if you’d like — or just enjoy them as is.
Serves 4
Ingredients
5 tablespoons pesto (from a jar)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 pounds lean ground pork
2 ounces low-fat mozzarella, cut into 4 cubes
Instructions
Stir together pesto, salt, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Add pork and, using your hands, gently yet thoroughly combine; do not overmix.
Shape pork mixture into 4 equal-sized balls. Press 1 mozzarella cube into the center of each ball; gently form a 3/4"-thick patty; enclosing the cheese.
Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add burgers, cooking in batches if necessary, reduce heat to medium, and cook 5 minutes per side.
Serve hot.
Nutritional information:
380 calories
22 g fat (7 g sat)
1 g carbohydrate
42 g protein
0 g dietary fiber
620 mg sodium
What this thing is still active?
16 years ago


















1 comment:
It sounds yummy!!!!!
Post a Comment