Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Big Day

Well, it is official. As of March 18, 2011, I will be retired. I'm a bit elated (especially thinking about not having to go to work on days like today), quite a bit scared (it's been a very long time since I've not worked), and a whole lot worried. Will I make all the right decisions on the financial side, will I make the right choises as to health care, will I be able to pay all of my bills (one of my biggest fears), will I have enough for bills, food and prescriptions?

The shining beacon in all of the worry is that I can get up whenever I want, do (or not) housework whenever I want, and stay in my jammies all day if I choose to do so.

Wow. Retired. Big step.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Congrats! Have fun counting down the days!

Sandy said...

Thanks, Nate! It is so good to hear from you. Hope all is well in ND!