
In honor of all those who serve and have served who give us the freedom to be. Thank you.
On this Memorial Day I am full of sadness. Someone very special to me, my soul mate, has liver cancer and is not expected to live much longer. We used to answer each other's questions before they were asked and finish each other's sentences. He knew what was going on with me by just looking at me. We knew each other's hearts. In all the years we were married, I never had to return a gift he bought me. He never had to ask me what I wanted for my birthday, Christmas or our anniversary, nor I him. We just knew. We were married for 19 years and circumstances worked out that we were divorced. We've been divorced now for much longer than we were married. But there has never been a day in my life since meeting him that he has not been in my thoughts. Some days a whole lot stronger than others. I can't imagine life without him. I don't think that, even though we went to court and went before a judge and were divorced, that I ever truly felt in my heart divorced from him (even though it was my decision to do so).
My current husband does not understand this strong bond, and I'm sure he truly resents it. He cannot understand that I still care about my soul mate after all this time. But as my soul mate says, "It is what it is."


















No comments:
Post a Comment