Well, I have jumped in. I joined late last year because my great-niece sent me an invitation to be her "friend". I never thought anything more about it until one of my friends mentioned that his daughter wanted him to join Facebook. Then my nephew joined and invited me to be his "friend". And then I logged in and sent my friend an "invitation" and he accepted. Pretty soon I was linked to several family members and also some of my friends. Even my sister joined! I like being connected to family and friends through the site.
But, I'm still a tad leery about it. I won't let it link to my address book. I'm not too crazy about the site searching for the people in my address book. So, I'm taking it pretty slow. But slow is good.
What do you think? Are you on Facebook? Do you like it?
What this thing is still active?
16 years ago


















3 comments:
I am on Facebook, and for the most part I really like it. I've reconnected with some friends from high school that I haven't seen in years. It's been fun catching up with them. However...I'm, like you, a tad leery about some of it. I use very few of the applications you'll start getting invitations to. They have stuff like snowball fights, holiday-related games, etc. These are not developed by Facebook and Facebook doesn't guarantee their safety, so I don't use them! A lot of the default privacy settings are a little too lax for my liking, so I've tweaked them a bit. Now only my friends can see my information. I do like that about it, that you can adjust the privacy settings. In the bottom right corner of your Facebook page is a Help link. I've learned a lot by reading the Help topics. Sorry to ramble on, but that's my two cents!
I'm not on there yet. maybe I should really consider it. I think I'm the only person on the planet who isn't on it!
Peace - D
OK - I'm on it now. Send me a friend invite!
:-)
D
Post a Comment